In the Studio...

In the Studio...
"yep, this is where it all happens..."

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Getting Closer...

Wow! Its less than 2 weeks until the Washington Fine Arts Festival next weekend. Why is this so important? Well, its my Society that's putting it together and I know every bit of sweat that's gone into the planning. (There's a huge difference between throwing a huge party and just going to a huge party.) And, oh yes, its a huge party. Well over 90+ artists! How cool is that?!?!
So now to the art. My art. Alot has happened around here since last year and my art has reflected that a bit. While I have always used my paintings as a way of expressing myself, my emotions have played a bigger part now, as well as my need to really kick up the tactile aspect. Texture and mixed media have played an even larger role. So stay tuned for the finished pics I'll make a point to post later.

And for added fun, I took an hour or so out of my schedule and entered the "Art Calendar" Studio Makeover Contest. Lord knows I could use some better equipment, although in many ways I have it better than most. A table, some cabinets, a computer, and a few easels... what more do I need right? I love my home studio. Always there when I'm ready to make some art. And you can't beat the short trip down the stairs for a commute! So for your added visual this evening, I'll post the picture of my studio that I submitted. It was kind of a fun project as I've never used the "panoramic-paste" option on the camera. I felt one standard photo just didn't tell the whole story. So I got creative... and what better way than in a contest for artists! Here's the pic and let the countdown to the Festival begin (again)!!!




No comments:

SCALIG on Etsy - COMING SOON !!